Week in My Life | December 30th - January 5th

Hi All,

Hope you had a great start to the New Year and new decade! It's crazy that time is flying by already and we're onto the double digits of the month. I feel like I'll blink and next thing you know it will be the beginning of Spring.

I thought I'd just recap a week in my life on here as I'm not at YouTube vlogger status yet. The first week of the year wasn't very crazy or eventful but it was nice and fun and I'll just jump right into it.

Monday the 30th:

I had work and ate lunch with my aunt that day. I also purchased tickets to go to the Morbid Podcast live show in April here in D.C.! I'm so excited for that and I will be going with a friend. Other then those things, it was pretty uneventful.

Tuesday the 31st:

Otherwise known as New Years Eve! In the past I usually go to dinner with my boyfriend, we come home, wait for the countdown, and then promptly go to bed. This year however we just made food at home and had some mulled wine and watched movies. I had to deal with getting my emissions done this day as well and renewing my registration (I waited until the very end of the month... I'll definitely try not to procrastinate as much this year :)). I even had a quick trip to Target that day as well (one of my favorite happy places, after Disney World of course ;)).

Wednesday the 1st:

The start of the New Year! I decided to sleep in a bit and went on an almost 2 mile walk with my boyfriend! We usually try to start the New Year on a good foot and try to be active after 2 weeks of straight laziness around the holidays. Then we made our way to Chinatown in D.C. to eat at Reren! It was so good, I actually found out about them at Taste of Georgetown last year. They have the best spicy dumplings and hand made dumplings. I definitely recommend checking them out, they serve "lamen" ramen as well. As we walked around it was pretty chilly and my boyfriend needed to use the bathroom, so we stopped in Starbucks. I got a vanilla latte with two pumps of peppermint and I highly recommend that if you're sick while trying to power through something, the aroma was delightful! Then we just came back home, did a quick stop at Michael's and Target. We finished the night by watching Fargo and I did some knitting.

Thursday the 2nd:

The day it was back to reality. At least there was a gorgeous sunrise as I had started getting ready for work that day. Besides just getting back into the swing of work, it was a pretty uneventful day. I walked for 30 minutes that evening so at least I was on track with fitness goals for one day (lol).

Friday the 3rd:

This was a rough day. My boyfriend's work phone was going off at 6 in the morning because he was working on call that week. You would think a person would realize that after you've called from 5-6 am 5-6 times and no one answers that maybe, it's outside of acceptable hours to be calling someone. That day I had some Chick-Fil-A breakfast as a pick me up to make up for the startling waking up at 6 AM. Then during lunchtime I had a lunch date with my boyfriend at Whole Foods, I got some of their Spicy Shrimp Tempura sushi (one of my favs). Once the evening hit, I started packing up to head to Maryland for a Girls Night sleepover with my family! My aunt and mom hosted me and my girl cousins for a girls night and boy was it so much fun! We ate crabs, shrimp, and fish and had drinks galore. We had a dance party, watched Homecoming on Netflix, and I was up until past 4 AM. It was such an overall great time and I recommend it even with just your closes gal pals!

Saturday the 4th:

I woke up around 9:30 and didn't get much sleep. My mom and I made our way over to her house after leaving my aunt and uncle's. I spent some time watching the show Fargo and cuddling on the couch with my dog until my mom and I made our way to Costco with one of her friends. I got a cutting board set (you know you're an actual an adult when cutting board sets and kitchen things excite you haha). We got some Starbucks and headed onto IKEA and it was my mom's friend's first time going to an IKEA so that was exciting. I naturally wanted to buy everything but really couldn't justify it but I did get some inspiration (lol). After going to IKEA we headed back towards where my mom lives and stopped for Sonic on the way (my go to order is a peach lemonade slush, large mozzarella sticks, and ched'r peppers). Once we dropped my mom's friend off I was home bound back to VA. I spent some time watching my dog and he and I napped together while my mom had to do some stuff. She eventually came back to get him and then I tried to go to bed early but the Sonic snacks must have upset my stomach and I had a really rough time falling asleep unfortunately. After taking some medicine and eating toast, apple sauce, and crackers, I was feeling well enough to fall asleep way past 1 AM.

Sunday the 5th:

Sunday I spent my day trying to be productive so naturally the first place I went was Costco. After we got some snacks there we went over to Panera for a late breakfast/early lunch (some might call that brunch but we didn't eat any breakfast food so I guess I can just call it lunch lol). I then asked my bf would it be ok to stop by Home Goods and Michael's (two of my favorite places :D) and he obliged. We then went back home and relaxed a bit. He eventually ended up hanging out with his friends and I decided to have some me time at Target. I got tons of nail polish and some Valentine's Day decor in the Red Dot spot or whatever they're calling it nowadays. After I ran over to the library to pick up a book I put on hold, it is called the Mistletoe Matchmaker and I've made 0 time to read it so far lol. After going to the library I went to another one of my favorites: Trader Joe's. I did some grocery shopping and got a lot of different things that are all so yummy. Then after that I just headed back home and had a nice relaxing evening before going to bed.

Overall it was a pretty great week and I hope you all enjoyed reading about it.

Until then, I'll see you all next time!


No comments :

Post a Comment